Join the O’Connor Insurance Associates, Inc team.
An environment that fosters growth.
A company is only as good as the people behind it. We are always interested in meeting talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business.
Our Open Job Positions
Take a look at our current openings and if you see a good fit, apply. We’d love to talk to you.
O’Connor Insurance Associates is seeking a top notch experienced Insurance Customer Service Representative. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining solid customer relationships by handling customer service inquiries and concerns with speed and professionalism. The candidate will interact daily with customers, insurance carriers, and fellow employees while conducting specific service, marketing and administrative activities.
The ideal candidate must have insurance industry experience, superior customer service skills, strong computer skills and attention to detail. The candidate must also have excellent organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. These are must-have qualities of our new Customer Service Representative team member. You know yourself – if this is a picture of your please apply!
- Competitive Pay
- Medical insurance
- Company matched SIMPLE retirement plan (up to 3%)
- Generous time off program including; accrued PTO and paid holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Casual Professional Dress every day
- Independent insurance agency with a variety of products to help retain your clients instead of having to refer them outside the agency
- Team focused friendly upbeat and positive team members
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phones, opening/scanning mail, greeting visitors, and keeping the office supplies stocked.
- Assist clients with claims from first notice of loss through claim settlement following agency procedures.
- Provide service to existing clients related to billing questions, endorsements, updating policies, answering questions and providing documentation.
- Manage day-to day workflow of agency marketing activities including the agency referral program, new client on-boarding, and various other agency functions.
- Facilitate personal & commercial lines download within Agency Management System including but not limited to attaching orphans, verifying information for accuracy, completing invoices as necessary
- Assists with renewal process including pulling reports, sending renewal review notices to clients, processing reviews returned and mailing renewal policies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Process new personal and commercial applications ensuring they are issued in a timely and accurate manner and following the agency processes and procedures to on-board new clients.
- Actively solicit increases in coverage or rounding out accounts at every service contact.
- Maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments, and actions taken in agency management system.
- Hold a North Carolina agent property and casualty license and have a minimum of two years personal and or commercial insurance experience.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience.
- Demonstrate strong technology and computer proficiency skills and knowledge. Our agency relies heavily on technology products including but not limited to Office 365, DocuSign and Applied Epic. It is imperative that you have more than a working knowledge of the Office products and have experience working in an agency management system.
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and an excellent phone manner; display strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of insurance products and usages, coverages, and industry operations to effectively service and maintain clients.
- Possess initiative, can do attitude and able to perform at a high level with little supervision.
- Possess excellent math and reading skills to accurately perform simple calculations.
- Have the ability and tact to handle difficult customer phone calls and solve complex problems without direct supervision.
- Have strong sense of urgency, attention to detail, organization, and follow up skills.
- Have excellent time management skills with a personal accountability mindset.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.