While we continue to hope and pray that Hurricane Irma will take a hard right straight out to the Atlantic ocean it is clear we need to take steps to be prepared for our area to be affected by the storm(s).
Here are 7 things we think you need to know. Please read and consider printing anything you might need!
- O’Connor Insurance is Prepared – we continue to enhance our technology capabilities to improve our ability to take care of you. Read about the things we have done and stay tuned we have a lot more planned to service you.
- Emergency Claims Phone Numbers – this is a list of the carriers we do business with. While we always prefer to speak with our clients first we realize in an emergency that might just not be possible so we want you to get the best service.
- Hurricane Action Plan – this is one of the most thorough checklists I have seen.
- Emergency Mobile Apps – the Red Cross has some very useful mobile apps for emergencies, first aid, weather disasters etc…
- Contractor List – this is a list we have put together of contractors we refer clients to. Just a reminder please do your own due diligence before hiring any one to do work at your home or business.
- Hiring a Contractor – here is a blog article that will remind you of some things to do before you hire a contractor. Even in an emergency it is important to take the time to complete these steps.
- Keep in Touch – please bookmark our website and follow us on social media (links below) so we can continue to give updates and share valuable information with you!
Time to batter down the hatches. Take a few minutes this weekend to clear your lawn, patio and deck of anything that could become a flying object. Please take a few minutes to prepare for this storm. It could be very ugly. Stay safe!